MSRP: $ 475,000.00 USD
RoTi Readers, see: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_579014560100yehp.html (link in Chinese) for spectacular pics of this XV’s interior, exterior, and floorplan arrangements, as well as what is written about this XVehicle. They are spot on and it’s well described.
As EarthRoamer states: we are Not an RV but an XV!
EarthRoamer XV-LTs are built on four wheel drive, turbo diesel powered, Ford F-550, commercial duty cab chassis trucks. With a 19,500 pound gross vehicle weight rating and up to a 12,500 pound towing capacity.
EarthRoamer began designing and building the EarthRoamer XV-LT prototype in late 2002 and launched this revolutionary vehicle at Ford’s 100th anniversary celebration in Detroit, Michigan in 2003. With features like a molded composite body, massive solar panel array and ground-up design for all weather, rough road, stand-alone operation, the XV-LT defined a new class of vehicle – an Xpedition Vehicle or XV. This is not your standard RV by a long shot.
EarthRoamer is a U.S. company based in Colorado. Their philosophy is not for fair weather camping and smooth road driving from one RV park to another, only to then be hooked up to water, serer and power “umbilical cords” as they state on their website.
EarthRoamer is also not for the faint of heart in adventures or pocketbook. The pricing certainly puts the average RV buyer at a disadvantage, but not unlike the full-timer, these Xpedition Vehicles are also being used as a primary residence and for the off-roader RV enthusiast. This brings a whole new dimension to RV’ing and full-timing. You can take this RV anywhere. This is a rough and tough vehicle with the classy interior to make off-roading a incredible, can-do adventure wherever the road, or dirt path, or your imagination takes you.
This is a fully functional vehicle for extended periods in remote locations. It’s often shipped via shipping container overseas for off-road adventures almost anywhere on this planet. Currently they have over 135 XV-LT’s on the road making it a highly successful Xpedition Vehicle.
*Note: Year and half back orders! They only sell direct; no dealer involvement. All orders are custom made.
General Interior Specs:
- Wet or dry bath option with 5 gallon cassette
- Customizable interior
- About 140 units on the road right now
- 1” thick windows. Insulated walls
- Stainless steel appliances
- Induction cooktop
- Wine storage
- SBar air heater
- Marine grade electronics control panel
- Bose entertainment system
- Keuring coffee maker built in
- All built in storage to utilize space effectively
- 4 Wheel drive
- No generator/no propane
- All LED lighting
- Toe kick lighting
- Power couches to fold into one bed, another bed in loft – Sleeps 2-4
- Loft bed size options
- 100 gallon water tank
- 100 gallon fuel tank (1000 miles driving)
- 5 Solar panels on the roof
- Body is one piece shell
- Full kitchen
General Cab and Exterior Specs:
- Ford F-550 Engine
- Ground clearance 7/8-25” adjustable
- Stock drive train
- Overall length: 25’1”
- Overall width: 8’
- Overall height: 10’8”
- Power Running boards
- Acu-Air air ride system monitor
- After market center console
- Exterior door locks
- 41 inch Continental MPT81’s with Hutchinson Beadlock wheels/tires
- 10 mpg
- Airbags throughout
- Fog lights, air horns
- Night vision lights (for Cool Factor)
- 10,000 lb Rear winch and outdoor kitchen storage box comes with a snatch block
- Lots of extra rear storage